Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023: Prasar Bharati is hiring qualified candidates for the posts of News Editor, New Reader and Broadcast Assistant. The applicant must be Graduate from a recognized university to be eligible for Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023. Candidates willing to apply for Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023 should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 50 years.
The selection of candidate for Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023 is based on written test and interview. The details regarding the selection process will be intimated later to the shortlisted candidates. Candidates belonging to General Category have to pay Rs. 354 as application fee and ST/SC/OBC category candidates have to pay Rs. 266.
Desirous applicants can fill out the application form in the prescribed format and send their duly filled-in application form by post to The Head of Office, Akashvani, Punnamathota, MG Road, Vijayawada-520010. The last date for submitting the application form 08.12.23.
Selection Procedure for Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023:
According to the official notification of Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2023, candidate will be selected on the basis of written test and interview. The date, time and venue regarding the selection process will be intimated later to the shortlisted candidates through email.
For News Editors / Reporters (Telugu)-
- Written test- 100 MARKS
- Interview- 100 MARKS
For Newsreader-cum-translators (Telugu)
- Written test
- Voice test and interview
For Broadcast Assistant-
How to Apply for Prasar Bharati News Editor Recruitment 2023:
Candidates willing to apply for Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2023 can fill out the application form as given in the official notification and send it along with all relevant documents by post to The Head of Office, Akashvani, Punnamathota, MG Road, Vijayawada-520010.
The CLOSING DATE of submission the application form 08.12.23.
About Prasar Bharati Board
The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs of Prasar Bharati are vested in the Prasar Bharati Board, which is headed by the Chairman and comprises of , the Executive Member (Chief Executive Officer), the Member (Finance), the Member (Personnel), six Part-time Members, a representative of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and the Directors General of All India Radio and Doordarshan as ex-officio Members.
The Chairman is a Part Time Member with a three year tenure, subject to the age limit of 70 years. The Chief Executive Officer has a tenure of five years, subject to the age limit of 65 years. Member (Finance) and Member (Personnel) are Whole Time Members with a six year tenure, subject to the age limit of 62 years.
The Prasar Bharati Board meets at least 6 times in a year and the meetings are presided over by the Chairman. The Board delegates powers and responsibilities to the Chief Executive Officer who discharges his functions accordingly.
Mission & Objectives
- To uphold the unity and integrity of the country and the values enshrined in the Constitution.
- To safeguard the citizen’s right to be informed freely, truthfully and objectively on all matters of public interest, national or international, and to present a fair and balanced flow of information including contrasting views without advocating any opinion or ideology of its own.
- To promote national integration.
- To pay special attention to the fields of education and spread of literacy, agriculture, rural development, environment, health & family welfare and science & technology.
- To create awareness about women’s issues and take special steps to protect the interests of children, aged and other vulnerable sections of the society.
- To provide adequate coverage to diverse cultures, sports and games and youth affairs.
- To promote social justice, safeguarding the rights of working classes, minorities and tribal communities.
- To promote research and expand broadcasting faculties & development in broadcast technology.