BJP MLA Mahesh Tenginakai leads a group of people who brought an idol of Lord Ganesh to Hubballi Dharwad Municipal Corporation in Hubballi. Vigil in Hubballi after Dharwad bench of HC allows installation of Ganesha idol in Idgah maidan. , Photo Credit: KIRAN BAKALE
1. State Level Single Window Clearance Committee (SLSWCC) has cleared 91 industrial investment proposals worth ₹7,659.52 crore with an employment generation potential of 18,146 within Karnataka.
2. Ahead of Ganesha Chaturthi on September 18, the markets are packed. Those traveling to their native towns have packed their bags. KSRTC has deployed extra buses to deal with the rush. While Ganesh idol makers are making brisk business, the civic authority has urged people to buy only eco-friendly clay Ganesh idols.
3. As neighboring Kerala battles with Nipah outbreak, the Karnataka government has issued guidelines in border districts of Chamarajanagar, Mysuru, Kodagu and Dakshina Kannada districts to set up checkpoints for fever surveillance at the point of entry to Karnataka. Officials in these districts have been asked to intensify the fever surveillance.
4. BJP leader and former CM Basavaraj Bommai had said the party will undertake a Cauvery Rakshana Yatra in the taluks on the river basin to protest against the Karnataka government releasing water to neighboring Tamil Nadu. Mr. Bommai said the next course of action will be decided after September 21, as hearing on the case is scheduled on the day.
5. KSRTC’s EV Power Plus has won the ‘Electric Bus of the Year’ Award,
6. Presidency University, in collaboration with Center for Development Policy and Practice, is organizing an international conference on development policies. Karnataka Legislative Assembly Speaker UT Khader will be the chief guest. The conference is being held on the university campus in Ittagalpura, Rajanakunte, between 9 am and 5 pm.
7. Rangachandira and Theater Therapy, Bengaluru, are presenting Beluru Raghunandan’s solo drama festival on the theme of women’s empowerment, at Ravindra Kalakshetra, JC Road, from 5 pm
8. Nrityangana Institute of Performing Arts, Bengaluru, will present ‘Sampradaya’, a festival of dance traditions today. Kathak by Dr. Tina Tambe, Odissi by Leena Mohanty, Bharatanatyam by Dr. Raksha Karthik, and Mohiniattam by Swapna Rajendrakumar. The program will be held at Seva Sadan, 14th Cross, Malleswaram, at 6.15 pm
9. As part of the Ganesha Utsava organized by the Sri Vidyaranya Yuvaka Sangha, there will be Retro Resonance Live concert, featuring songs by Kishore Kumar, Pancham Da and others by playback singer Srinivas. The concert will be held on Shankara Foundation premises, next to Doddakallasandra Metro Station on Kanakapura Road, from 6.30 pm.
From coastal Karnataka
1. Dakshina Kannada Principal District and Sessions Judge Ravindra M. Joshi inaugurates a workshop in Mangaluru on the role of Mental Health Review Board, Judicial Magistrates and police under Mental Healthcare Act, 2017.
2. Indian Coast Guard and College of Fisheries clean up Panambur beach in Mangaluru as part of International Coastal Clean Up Day.
From north Karnataka
1. Vigil in Hubballi after the Dharwad bench of Karnataka High Court quashed pleas to disallow installation of Ganesha idol at Idgah Maidan, Also, organization that have been allowed to install Ganesh idol take exception to 18 conditions imposed on them.
2. RDPR Minister and district in-charge Priyank Kharge will chair a meeting with officials in Kalaburagi to review preparations of Kalyana Karnataka Utsav.
3. Manuvadi Viroodhi Horata Samiti, a forum of progressive organizations, will stage one day sit-in protest in Kalaburagi to condemn increasing crimes, and to condemn the death threat to Nijagunanand Swamy.
From south Karnataka
1. Theater personality Prasanna will spell out schedule of the national theater festival in Mysuru.
2. Inauguration of a slew of facilities at PG hostel of University of Mysore by MP Pratap Simha and MLA Harish Gowda today.